Waldo World

Monday, November 28, 2005

Beer Brewing Adventure - Part 2: Bottling

October 1, 2005

This is the conclusion of our first brewing adventure: bottling the beer. It took place on Oct 1, 2005, after the 11 week lager fermentation process.








First we wash the bottles. We let Patti help with that.










Then we put the labels on the bottles.







The label is really a work of art. Done by Jessica White. She's finally using her Bachelor's degree in Art from George Ma$on. Here's what it looks like.

We endeavor to comply with all federal and state requirements. I think this means we can only sample 2 bottles at a time.




Here is the Shenandoah Brewing employee teaching us how to do the bottling. It can be dangerous because of the high pressures involved, so I am paying very close attention.






At long last, we get to taste the finished product.
It tastes fantastic. Patti: "It is the best beer that I have ever tasted."






Now the beer gets bottled, one at a time. About 5 1/2 cases. Everybody pitches in and it takes about 2 hours.





This was a terrific experience. The beer is fantastic, and all of the hard work was really done by the owner of Shenandoah Brewing: Anning Smith. We are already planning to do another batch or 2 of the same recipe. Maybe put some in a keg. I can hardly wait for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home